Wednesday 21 May 2014

New Beginnings

It's always hard to know how to begin a new blog, should you introduce yourself, or just jump straight into content? The world of blogging can be sticky with etiquette at times.


I'm not going to do a huge introduction, if you want to know a little bit more about me then I suggest the about me page, or visiting my lifestyle blog nekomentsu.  However I do want to discuss the reason I have decided to move the majority of my blogging over to The Cryptozoologist. 

To begin with, nekomentsu was, and is, primarily a lifestyle blog. When you are suffering from a severe chronic condition you begin to discover that there is not that much to your life at all, especially not if you want to blog about it. I found that whenever I tried to talk about my life it turned into an endless dribble of "I stayed in today" "today I stayed in my house" "today I was at home". And let's be fair, nobody wants to read about how I sat for 4 hours watching Rupaul's Drag Race and eating almonds. I'm not depressed about my situation, I'm dealing with it. I need the time at home to heal, and while it might be boring at time, it's what my body needs right now. So this means I can't share pictures of exciting adventures, things I've bought or jumbled thoughts on politics and news.

In fact, most of what I have shared on nekomentsu recently has been pictures of cake, cats and knitting. Which to be honest, to me means I am living a pretty fabulous life right now. But certainly not lifestyle blogworthy.

The reason I have made this step now, is that I have started my own business. I have been dyeing and selling yarn. I wanted to open this blog not just as a place to share my knitting patterns, projects and ideas, but as a business resource so that I can share the day-to-day running of a kitchen enterprise, show you pretty pictures of yarn and silly pictures of my cats. Because, with me, there are always silly pictures of cats. 

So, I'll hope that you follow me in my journey. And I hope I continue to keep you entertained. I have never taken a single follower for granted and I constantly appreciate your comments and support.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...